Location: US - Connersville, IN
Position: Finance Manager
Candidates to apply directly at https://www.howden.com
The Big Picture:
The Finance Manager will provide financial support and analysis for $150MM revenue organization. The P&L has a global sales operation and several manufacturing locations serving the market. The business outlook is one of growth with future requirements of localization of product management, manufacturing, and technology. This role reports directly to the Finance Director and is dotted line to the Plant Manager. The Finance Manager will also oversee two direct reports who will do Cost Analysis for the business.
What needs to be done?
The GSC Finance Manager is expected to drive all supply chain metrics across the business and be a critical business partner. This role provides leadership to the finance team to drive profitability, process improvements, simplification, and compliance across the business. The role works directly with the Finance Director as well as with the Supply Chain Operations Managers. Finally, this role is expected to be a change agent and needs to develop the pipeline of global supply chain finance function both at senior and junior levels. The finance manager must demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. In addition, you will:
- Serve as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, and profitability
- Partner with technical/business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy & utilization, as well as inventory standard settings
- Develop estimates, operating plans, forecasts, and reviews.
- Perform internal audits and ensure controllership and consistency of accounting process across the operations, drive controllership awareness and processes through operations teams and ensures finance compliance
- Analyze and organize data appropriately by anticipating the internal clients expectations
- Use experience and knowledge of line of business and trends to determine materiality of variances in the analysis and reporting process
- Ensure planning cycle and reporting requirement deadlines are met by facilitating and coordinating efforts across multiple functions to gather required data
- Use prior knowledge and experience to effectively and actively participate in business planning session and support the development of short and long-range financial and business plans
- Solicit feedback on planning cycle performance on a regular basis and modify processes accordingly
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s financial results by recognizing and preventing misrepresentation, concealment, or omission of information
- Work effectively with business leaders to proactively drive key business initiatives and effectively analyze and report the financial impact on the business
- Anticipate the effect of other relevant systems and procedures on Supply Chain Finance processes by applying knowledge of accounting, finance and business processes
- Proactively identify Supply Chain Finance IT control weaknesses by thoroughly analyzing system related issues (i.e. data inaccuracy, incompleteness, errors, system failures, etc.), prioritize the risks, and research and implement viable solutions that use appropriate IT technologies
- Manage all revenue recognition procedures while maintaining compliance with SOX and US GAAP
- Owns the processes of ensuring project margins is correctly applied via Howden policy, creates and maintains accrual processes when necessary
- Able to mine data and create complex reports to highlight specific financial opportunities and risks
- AX Business Process Owner for Finance(BPO) and responsible for all training associated with Finance processes
- Participate in Process improvement events and utilize financial expertise or prior knowledge or experience to help the company achieve desired results
- Apply Howden Finance Policy and develop or create processes where necessary in order to achieve compliance to policy
- Leads a small staff to achieve all the above items
- Inventory management / physical
- Actual Costing
- Measure & validate variable cost out
- Closing execution / entries for inventory / variable costs
- Owner for AX Inventory & cost modules
- P&E / Fixed assets process
- BPO AX Finance Processes
- Standard Costing
- Pricebook Oversight
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
At least 5 years of experience in a financial position
Strong ERP Skills
Advance Microsoft Excel Skills
Master's of Business Administration
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
What will you get in return?
We offer great opportunities for personal and professional development in an international company. The role comes with a competitive salary package and various benefits. Furthermore you will be a part of dedicated group of colleagues who value teamwork and collaboration.
Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world’s leading application engineering company. Howden designs, engineers and supplies air and gas handling equipment worldwide. Howden Group has approximately 5.000 employees and is owned by the KPS Capital Partnership which also owns several other Industrial businesses.