Customer Service Representative
Location: US - Connersville, IN
The Big Picture:
The Customer Service Representative position is responsible for successfully managing customer orders while at the same time meeting company targets in regards to as shipped margins and on time delivery. The position works closely with Management, Engineering, Procurement, and other functional areas within the organization to insure that the supplied product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
What needs to be done?
- The position drives continuous improvement in regards to Order execution and Customer satisfaction.
- Serves as the face of the company on all customer interactions on received Orders. Examples include commercial issues on received orders, scope of supply discussions, drawing approvals and reviews, and shipping issues as they arise.
- Review order documentation and ensure that all export compliance issues are addressed, Customer credit worthiness reviewed, and that pricing is within company guidelines.
- Monitor the progress of Orders, participate in interdepartmental meetings to discuss current processes and opportunities to improve those processes, and be able to form a partner relationship with their customer base.
- Work with the company ERP system to enter Orders, drive sourcing requirements, and document agent commissions when necessary.
- Adhere to all EHS standards and compliance with company policies to maintain a safe working environment
- Be a change agent of positive change that favorably impacts the customer, company profitability, On Time Delivery (OTD), lead-time, and quality.
What do you need to bring?
- A strong history of successfully managing a broad range of customers in a made to order to order environment.
- Strong computer skills with a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Comfortable in a leadership role and able to lead discussions with employees from multiple departments.
- Analytical thinker with strong multitasking ability.
- Must have strong desire and drive for continuous learning.
- Accountable for decisions made and able to be successful in high stress situations
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and able to manage multiple Orders in varies stages of completion, show leadership ability and be able to motivate individuals in multiple departments to ensure the success and on time delivery of their Orders.
What will you get in return?
We offer great opportunities for personal and professional development in an international company. The role comes with a competitive salary package and various benefits. Furthermore you will be a part of dedicated group of colleagues who value teamwork and collaboration.
Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world’s leading application engineering company. Howden designs, engineers and supplies air and gas handling equipment worldwide. Howden Group has approximately 5.000 employees and is owned by the KPS Capital Partnership which also owns several other Industrial businesses.