The Machinist is responsible for managing equipment from setup to operation and producing parts from different resources. Collective Bargaining Agreement language applies to this position.
· Review all manufacturing paperwork in packets or at work-site for machining directions. Advises supervisor of problems associated with material quality or piece count, tooling, machine operation, etc.
· Operates overhead crane, hoist or handcart to obtain parts, tooling, fixtures, etc., necessary for machining operation per job requirements.
· Sets up and operates one or simultaneously a combination of machine tools to machine a variety of parts to maintain production schedules, performing operations within the capability of the machine tools.
· Makes machine and tooling changes, adjustments, and calibrations necessary to maintain required tolerances.
· Performs, verifies, and documents, as required, all visual and instrument inspection, using a variety of inspection gauges and instruments, to insure that tolerances and quality requirements are met.
· Reports labor and parts count verification manually or electronically.
· Operates overhead crane equipped with pendant or radio control to transport or position materials, parts, supplies, units, etc. Selects proper rigging to be used and/or assists where required by the size or shape of the load.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area by performing such duties as returning tooling, parts, and equipment to proper storage, wiping off machine, disposing of trash, and broom sweeping work areas.
· Performs incidental duties pertaining to the classification as required.
· Observes plant rules and safe working practices.
· Must be willing to attend training classes, both in Connersville or other cities, deemed necessary to achieve and maintain proficiency in the classification.
We offer great opportunities for personal and professional development in an international company. The role comes with a competitive salary package and various benefits. Furthermore you will be a part of dedicated group of colleagues who value teamwork and collaboration.