US – Connersville, IN
Apply for this job
The Big Picture:
The Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmer is responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the machining processes at the Connersville facility. This position requires extensive machining and CNC programming knowledge and the ability to provide hands-on technical support in a production environment. In addition to the technical ability, we are looking for someone with strong organization, communication and people skills.
What needs to be done?
· Develop and implement machining processes for new parts while maximizing safety, quality and efficiency
· Develop and implement improvements on current machining process
· Design and implement fixtures and tooling to optimize quality and efficiency
· Create, implement and validate machining programs
· Develops process documentation including SOPs, Control Plans and Routings to support machining processes
· Diagnose and correct problems associated with tooling, fixtures and machine malfunctions through RCCM
What do you need to bring?
· 5+ years’ experience in a similar role working with manual and multi-axis machining
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technology or related field (Preferred)
· Strong working knowledge of Mastercam and Solidworks
· Strong CNC programming knowledge (G and M code)
· Technical knowledge in gear manufacturing is desirable
· Experience in fixture design and tooling optimization
· Ability to understand engineering drawings with knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
· Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
· Strong technical writing skills
· Strong safety, quality, and teamwork orientation with track record of dependability
· Demonstrate technical know-how and people skills to provide hands-on support
· Excellent organization and analytical skills along with demonstrating a strong work ethic and superior technical abilities
What will you get in return?
We offer great opportunities for personal and professional development in an international company. The role comes with a competitive salary package and various benefits. Furthermore you will be a part of dedicated group of colleagues who value teamwork and collaboration.
Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world’s leading application engineering company. Howden designs, engineers and supplies air and gas handling equipment worldwide. Howden Group has approximately 5.000 employees.